Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorvaxbert
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2014

I just installed the new Castor Upgrade on my 510 and thought I'd share an observation or two.

1 - I followed the directions to flip the machine. The alternatives I saw on the web to just jack it up would have kept me crawling around on the floor, not good for my back. Turning it over put everything at a good work level and it's not as hard as it looks with two people.

2. I bought and used the optional drill guide bar and bit (SS #556425). Well worth the $18. No taping, tearing, or missing the mark.

3. For added safety, I used my stop collar on the main table just in case I didn't get the regular clamp tight enough. If I had a second one, I would have used I on the fixed table as well. Think "belt and suspenders".

All-in-all, it was pretty easy. Now I just need to not push so hard so it doesn't go flying across the garage. :)
    • CommentAuthordusty
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2014

I installed my new casters before the drill guide (556425) became available. Fortunately,I got the holes drilled in the right place and I don't know how I survived without these new wheels. The Mark V can be moved around so easily with these wheels.

I have not and will not install them on the others devices in my shop for a couple reasons. These items do not get moved all that frequently and they are not near as heavy. How ever, if I moved the SPT that are wheel mounted, frequently, I would have new wheels on all of them.