Not signed in (Sign In)
    WASHINGTON (AP) — First [url=http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-omar-vizquel-jersey]http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-omar-vizquel-jersey[/url] , Braves right-hander Mike Foltynewicz worked his way out of a precarious jam. A few innings later, Ronald Acuna Jr. lent a high-rising, helping hand at the center-field wall.Combining clutch pitching, long-ball hitting and Acuna’s deft skill in the outfield, the Braves beat the Washington Nationals 8-3 Wednesday night.Foltynewicz needed 35 pitches to get out of the first inning. He gave up a double, a single and a walk and another runner reached on a throwing error — yet the Nationals scored only one unearned run and left the bases loaded.“I knew if I could limit the damage to even two runs there our offense would get some runs back,” Foltynewicz said.After that, Charlie Culberson hit a three-run homer in the second inning off Tommy Milone (1-1) and Tyler Flowers and Acuna added two-run shots in the fourth.In the bottom of the fourth, Acuna made a sensational catch to rob Matt Adams of a home run. Acuna raced back to the center-field wall, leaped and snagged the ball with his outstretched glove before sprawling on the warning track. Foltynewicz waved his cap to show his appreciation for the play.“He’s a very skilled player,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said of Acuna. “He’s got a ways to go. He’s far from being a finished product, but he’s a very talented young man. He’s an exciting player because he’s got skills.”Atlanta has won eight of 10 to move within a half-game of first-place Philadelphia in the NL East. Washington fell six games back following its second consecutive loss to the Braves“He’s a guy we believe in,” Green said. “We love his on-base skills. It’s a good spot in the lineup. Just in general we’ve struggled to get on base, and he’s always done that very well. Whether he starts off doing that well in the big leagues or it takes a little while, we believe he’s going to do that very well for a long time.”“I’m the player that I can get on base,” Urias said. “I think that’s my type of play, to put the ball in play and score a couple of runs.”Green said Urias will also play some at shortstop.