Not signed in (Sign In)
    The Columbus Blue Jackets‘ offseason move that received the most attention was the addition of center Riley Nash. Not much attention was paid to the acquisition of Anthony Duclair.But Duclair is making people stand up and take notice on the ice in his first season in Columbus. He certainly attracted plenty of attention with his goal in the Blue Jackets’ 6-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night that set social media abuzz and made all the highlight shows.At 17:53 of the first period [url=http://www.officialbluejackets.com]www.officialbluejackets.com[/url] , Duclair skated down the ice to the right dot after taking a pass from defenseman Ryan Murray. Duclair lost an edge while making a cut and, while on his knees, gathered the puck, got back up, fell again after he was tripped, but was able to shoot the puck past Flyers goaltender Calvin Pickard for his second goal of the season.Article continues below ...“It was a nice goal. I don’t know how he did it,” Blue Jackets center Pierre-Luc Dubois said. “I don’t think he could do it again, but if he could, it would be great for us and great for the fans. That was an amazing goal. I’ve never seen a goal like that in my life.”“I was pretty lucky,” Duclair said.Duclair will put his skills on display again Saturday night when the Blue Jackets (4-2-0) and the 23-year-old winger face the Chicago Blackhawks (3-1-2) [url=http://www.officialbluejackets.com/authentic-adidas-t-shirts]Columbus Blue Jackets T-Shirts Authentic[/url] , one of the two teams he was with last season, at Nationwide Arena.After signing a one-year, free agent contract with the Blue Jackets on July 4, Duclair made the opening day roster and so far, has seized upon the chance to play mostly on a line with center Alexander Wennberg and winger Nick Foligno.Duclair has four points (two goals, two assists) in six games after producing eight points in 23 games with the Blackhawks last year before he was sent to the Arizona Coyotes.“I’m getting an opportunity to play with (Wennberg) and (Foligno) here,” Duclair said. “I definitely want to stay with those two guys. They’re very skilled, very smart.