Not signed in (Sign In)
    • CommentAuthorhongwei28
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019

The Atlanta Braves placed left-hander Max Fried on the 10-day disabled list Friday with a blister on the middle finger of his throwing hand.

Right-hander Evan Phillips was called up from Triple-A Gwinnett to take his place.

Fried (1-3) started a 7-2 loss to Milwaukee on Thursday [url=http://www.officialpredators.com/authentic-adidas-pekka-rinne-jersey]Authentic Pekka Rinne Jersey Kids[/url] , going three innings and allowing four runs on four hits and three walks.

Braves manager Brian Snitker said the team is trying to get ahead of the injury by placing Fried on the disabled list now instead of letting the issue linger and potentially get worse.

Phillips’ most recent stint at Gwinnett lasted two days. He appeared in Tuesday’s loss to the Yankees, allowing two runs in 2 1/3 innings in his major league debut and was sent down the next day.

A rare losing season without a playoff appearance led to significant front office changes for the Green Bay Packers.

A new structure is in place at the top of the front-office flow chart, and new general manager Brian Gutekunst is signaling that the Packers might be a little more aggressive in free agency.

The ”draft-and-develop” philosophy will still be the foundation of the way that Green Bay builds the roster, Gutekunst said Monday at his introductory news conference at Lambeau Field.

”But I do think I will lead in my own personality and probably a little bit more aggressive in certain areas,” said Gutekunst, formerly Green Bay’s player personnel director.

”We’re not going to leave any stone unturned as far as every avenue of player acquisition.”

Predecessor Ted Thompson is now a senior advisor following a 13-year tenure highlighted by the Super Bowl-winning 2010 season.

The Packers went to four NFC title games and won six NFC North crowns under his watch.

Thompson also took heat from some vocal fans for being timid in free agency, especially at a time when two-time NFL MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers is still in his prime at age 34.

The defense did not improve over the past four seasons despite being stocked with high draft picks.

Thompson had the titles of executive vice president, general manger & director of football operations – positions that will now be held by different executives under the structural change initiated by team president/CEO Mark Murphy.

”It’s very difficult for one person to handle all of those responsibilities, so really looking at it, I decided it would be in the best long-term interests of the organization to change the structure,” said Murphy [url=http://www.bengalscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-andy-dalton-jersey]Andy Dalton Jersey[/url] , who oversaw the GM search.